Sweet and tasty evening snack made of jaggery and rice flour. Usually back home we make it in plaintain leaves, and call it Ila ada, since I dont get plaintain leaves here , I have started making adas with Aluminium foil! It comes out as perfect as the one with plantain leaves, but lacks the flavour ans special taste, best ones would come from plaintain ones.
- Rice flour- 2 cup
- Grated Jaggery- 3/4 cup
- Coconut,grated- 1/2 cup
- Salt-1/2 teaspoon
- Warm water-2 1/4 cups
- Plantain eaves/ Foil
- Roast the rice flour for a min and make a fine dough adding 2cups of water,salt, keep aside.
- Rub together coconut,grated jaggery with 1/4 cup water.
- Make lemon size balls out of the rice flour dough and place them on the foil/leaf.
- Spread them by pressing down with fingers.
- Spread a spoon of jaggery coconut mixture onto them.
- Fold them and cook in steam.
- Repeat the same with remaining flour.
- Remove from fire, remove the leaves/foil, cut them and serve.