One of the most preferred chutneys with rice gruel! I find it too tasty that cannot resist having it before serving!
- Dried fish- 1/2 cup
- Coconut,grated- 1/2 cup
- Dried Red chillies-3
- Onion- 1/4, sliced
- Salt- 1 teaspoon(Only if fish is unsalted)
- Curry leaves- 5-6
- Oil- to fry fishes
- Clean with water very well, the dry fish to remove any extra salt,if unsalted clean just once.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the dry fishes till crispy, remove from fire and allow to cool
- Grind together fish,coconut,onion,dried red chilly,curry leaves, salt(if unsalted fish is used) to a fine paste(add small quantity of water if required to accelerate grinding)
- Serve with rice gruel/dosa
Enjoy the yummy yummy meen chammanthi.