Another dish form the chicken family rich in cashew paste and coconut paste.
- Chicken- 1/4 kg
- Onion-1 large, thinly sliced
- Tomato- 1 large, thinly sliced
- Cashew,ground to a fine paste-1 tablespoon
- Coconut grated and ground-1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilly powder- 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds,powdered- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1-2 teaspoon, as required
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves- 10
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion till soft.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell fades away.
- Add the chicken pieces,red chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes,mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water,cover and cook,till till tomatoes blend well with chicken.
- Next add the ground coconut,cashews,fennel powder and mix well.
- Throw in the curry leaves.
- Cook in low flame for 15- 20 mins till chicken is cooked and gravy becomes thick.
- Check for the spice requirements,remove from fire,serve hot!
Goes well with rice/ghee rice/rotis/dosas. Enjoy another chicken delicacy!