Healthy vegetarian side dish prepared with potatoes and spinach
- Potato- 3 large
- Onion- 1 small, thinly sliced
- Tomato-1 medium,chopped into small pieces
- Green chillies-2,slit
- Spinach- 1/4 kg, chopped fine
- Garlic- 4 pods, thinly cut
- Red chilly powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds-1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1-2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- a handful
- Oil-1 1/2 tablespoon
- Water- to boil potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into chunks and pressure cook with a little salt and turmeric and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Splutter mustard seeds,cumin seeds.
- Add onion,garlic and saute till soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green chillies till they blend well with onion.
- Add curry leaves, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt,mix well.
- Add the potatoes and mix well.
- Add the chopped spinach and stir well
- Cover and cook under low heat for 5-10 minutes,stirring in between.
- Remove from fire when the spinach is cooked
- Serve hot