Vegetarian side dish for rice. Too healthy for all age groups!
- Spinach-250 gms
- Green chillies-2,slit
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Rice- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Wash well the spinach and cut them into small parts.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add the rice and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the cut spinach,turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the grated coconut,green chillies, salt and mix thorughly.
- Test salt and add more if required
- Cover and cook the spinach in low heat for around 5 mins till the water in spinach is absorbed.
- Serve with rice!
Spinach has got plenty of nutritive values, It is highly advised to include spinach in our normal diet..