Well, ever since I came here, curre rice is the only food I had courage to eat form outside. I have fallen in love with this dish that I have started preparing them at home too. This curre rice is said to be derived from Indian curry with lots of spice added but its only a mild spicy one!
- Onions- 1/2 cut into thin slices
- Carrot- 1 cup, Cut thin and round
- Potato- 1,peeled and chopped into chunks
- Any meat- 1/2 cup minced
- Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Oil- 2 teaspoon
- Water- 6 Cups
- Premade Curry roux- 4 cubes
- Rice- as required
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onions,carrot,meat,potato.
- Add water,salt, cover and cook for 20-25 mins till the water is a bit thick and veggies are boiled.
- Remove any impurities or froth forming on top.
- Meanwhile cook the rice
- Add the curry roux and heat in low flame for about 10 mins till teh gravy is thick and aroma fills air.
- Serve hot rice along with curry !
Its too simple and too lovely. You can cook without the meat too, but mostly the roux comes in non veg flavour!