A sweet and lil spicy North Indian dish goes well with rotis, nans n chapatis
- Chicken cut into small pieces(boneless,skinless)-1/2 kg
- Butter-2 tablespoon
- Onions,thinly sliced-1 large
- Green chillies slit-2
- Ginger-garlic paste-1 teaspoon
- Red Chilly powder-1 tablespoon
- Fennel seeds- 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon,cloves,cardamom,bay leaves-3-4nos.
- Heavy whipping cream- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- a pinch
For Chicken Marination:
- Red Chilly Powder- 4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1teaspoon
- Pepper powder-1 teaspoon
- Chicken Masala-1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Thick yoghurt-1 tablespoon
- Salt-as required
- Lime juice-2 teaspoon
To make tomato Puree:
- Tomatoes-3 to make tomato puree.
- Vinegar-3 teaspoon
- Sugar-2 teaspoon
- Salt-as required
- Prepare a fine paste with the above marinating ingredients ,marinate chicken and refrigerate for minimum 4 hours.
- Soak the cashew-nuts in warm water.
- Make tomato puree in the meantime.
- For this boil the tomato, remove skin, remove the seeds.Mix it finely in a mixer. Now boil it in vinegar adding 2 tablespoon of sugar,little salt and stirring continuous for 20 mins.
- Shallow fry the chicken pieces in butter till they turn golden brown.Drain and Keep aside.
- Melt butter in a pan and fry the sliced onions along with slit chillies.
- Cool it and grind to a fine paste along with soaked cashews.
- To the same pan add the cinnamon,cardamom,bay leaves and sauté for a while.
- To this add the chilly powder,ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while till it becomes brown.
- Add the grind paste to the spice mixture and blend well and heat under low flame for 5 mins.
- Add the puree and stir continuously for another 5 mins before adding the fried chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins in low flame.
- Add the whipped cream and stir for a minute .
- Remove from fire and serve Hot!!!