Chicken enriched with coconut serves as a good side dish with rice/Rotis. The real star here is the coconut gravy! May sound a bit weird, but we just loved this dish.
- Boneless chicken cut into small cubes- 1 cup
- Grated coconut- 3/4 cup
- Onion- 1 medium, very thinly sliced
- Pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried red chilly- 2
- Chicken masala- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1-2 teaspoon, as required
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 8-10
- Oil- 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Cook the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper with 1/4 cup water, and water is absorbed completely.
- Coarse grind coconut,chilly powder,turmeric powder,chicken masala, 5 curry leaves,keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds, red chillies.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and saute till soft.
- Add the curry leaves, cooked chicken and mix well.
- Add the coarse ground coconut mixture along with salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook in low flame for 3-5 mins, till the mix becomes thick.
- Remove from fire,serve hot with rice or rotis.
The chicken bites along with crunchy coconut bites add more taste to the dish, Please have a try