Very sweet snack. Served during festivals, as a breakfast , also a favourite snack for sweet lovers. Frankly speaking I would love to have it as breakfast ,though cant eat much cos the sweetness hits!
- Rava/Semolina- 1 cup
- Sugar- 2 cup
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Milk- 1/2 cup
- Water- 2 cups
- Cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
- Raisins- 10
- Color- A pinch(optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoon ghee and fry cashews and raisins and keep aside
- To the same pan add rava and roast them till raw smell is gone
- Boil milk and water together and pour into the rava
- Add sugar and stir well so that no lumps are formed.
- Pour in remaining ghee and color along with cardamom powder and stir well till the rava thickens
- Remove from fire and cool.
- Serve Kesri as such or roll them to any desired shape. Make laddus or burfi!