Healthy evening snack made of long bread and vegetables.
- Long bun- 4
- Potato- 2 medium, boiled and mashed
- Onion- 1 large,cut into edges
- Green peas-1/2 cup, boiled and mashed along with potatoes
- Tomato-1,cut into wedges
- Green chillies-2 ,cut into small pieces
- Pav bhaji masala-1 tablespoon
- Red chilly powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Salt-1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice-1 tablespoon
- Boil and mash potatoes and green chillies with a pinch of salt and keep aside
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan, saute onions till soft(Keep 2 teaspoon onion aside)
- Add tomatoes green chillies along with ingredients 7-11 and mix well
- Add the boiled vegetables and mix well. Pour the lemon juice and mix thoroughly in low flame. Add little water if the mix is too thick.
- Boil till the gravy becomes thick.
- Stuff the long bun with the thick masala gravy
- Garnish the stuffed part with onion wedges
- Microwave for a min
- Serve Hot!
If you don't have a ready made pav bhaji masala,you can easily prepare them.Please follow the steps below to know how to prepare home made pav bhaji masala.
Roast separately 1 tablespoon each of red chilly powder,coriander powder,1/2 tablespoon each of black pepper powder, cumin powder, 2 sticks of cinnamon,2 cloves, 2 cardamom ,a pinch of turmeric powder,1 teaspoon fennel seeds and grind them while cool. Fresh pav bhaji masala is ready.Store in airtight containerHappy eating!