A very very simple instant onion uthappam. Pretty good snack with evening tea.
- Rava/Semolina/Sooji- 1 cup
- Urad dal/ Black gram- 1/2 cup soaked for min 1/2 hr
- Onion- chopped into tiny parts-1 onion
- Ginger- 1 inch piece,finely sliced.
- Curry leaves- 4-5 crushed
- Green chillies- 2-3(Optional)
- Water as required
- Salt as required
- Grind the soaked urad dal into a fine paste with min water.
- Add the ground paste,salt to sooji and mix well.
- Add water to get a dosa batter consistency. Keep aside for 5 mins.
- Heat a non stick pan ,pour dosa batter to make a thick base
- Sprinkle the chopped onions, ginger,green chillies,curry leaves
- Turn upside down when the base is done.
- Cook till the fragrance comes.
- Serve hot!