Serves- 20 cakes
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Cocoa powder(unsweetened)- 2 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence(optional)- 1 teaspoon
- Heavy whipped cream-1/4 Cup
- Milk- 1/4 Cup
- Chocolate icing for topping
- White Chocolate bar for topping
- Beat the eggs thoroughly with a scrambler till foamy. Hand scrambler as well as mixer can be used.
- Put in the sugar and stir well. Beat the mixture well. For ease keep it in very low flame and stir till ribbon consistency.
- Sieve and add the flour.
- Similarly add the cocoa powder.
- Add the baking powder.
- Pour in the Vanilla essence(optional).
- Add milk and 1/4 cup cream.
- Beat the mixture well.The mix should me neither loose nor hard.Should attain fine consistency.
- Pour in the batter into the cup cake baking mould/paper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 300 F.
- Keep the mould at 180 C for 20 mins for baking
- To check if the cake is baked properly, check with a skewer or toothpick. It would come clean if cooked fine.
- Take out and cool.
- Apply a layer of the chocolate icing on to the top
- Grate chocolate using and ordinary vegetable grater and scatter on the icing
- Refrigerate for 10 mins for the icing to set.