- Basmati rice- 2 cup
- Cloves- 4 nos
- Cinnamon stick- 3 pieces
- Cardamom pods- 4 nos
- Star anise- 2
- Onion- 1 large (thinly sliced)
- Cashews- for garnishing
- Raisins- for garnishing
- Water- 4 Cups
- Ghee- 1/4 cup
- Rinse and drain the rice
- Shallow fry them in 2 tablespoon ghee, keep aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee and fry cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,star anise till they crackle.
- To the same pan add the thinly sliced onions and fry them till golden brown.
- Add the rice along with salt,water to the above and cook covered till rice is cooked.
- Remove from fire, gently separate the rice with fork.
- Fry the cashew and raisins in 1 teaspoon ghee and spread over the rice along with onions.