A very much nadan kozhi curry, the one loved by all. I still remember how I used to fight for the gravy in childhood! its slurping! I have made a small variation to the traditional one adding a little lime juice.
- Chicken- 1/2 kg
- Onion- 2 ,thinly sliced
- tomatoes- 2 large,sliced
- Green chillies- 2 slit
- Curry leaves- 8-10 leaves
- Lemon Juice- 1 tablespoon
- Water- 2 cups
- Ginger- 1 inch, thinly chopped
- Garlic- 4 pods, sliced
- Dried red chilly-4
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick- 2 inch piece
- Cardamom- 2
- Coriander seeds- 2 teaspoon
- Coconut,grated- 1 cup
- Oil- 3 tablespoon
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt red chilly powder and keep aside.
Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan , fry the ingredients 10-17 along 2 teaspoon onion.
- Cool them and grind them along with ginger,garlic,water to a fine paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and saute onion till golden brown.
- Add curry leaves along with the ground paste, cover and cook for 5 mins
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, cover and cook for another 5 mins.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces, water,lime juice, cover and cook till the chicken is done
- Throw in the coriander leaves, cook for another min.
- Test for the salt requirement and add more if required.
- Move to a serving dish and enjoy!