Simplest of all pudding, made with easily available items, prepared when guests arrives in short notice.
- Bread loafs- 3
- Milk- 2 cup
- Sugar- 4 tablespoon
- Cardamom, powdered- 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla essence- 1 teaspoon
- Egg- 2
- Raisins and cashews -for garnishing
- Cut the brown edges of the bread and soak them in milk for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs well
- Add sugar,powdered cardamom,vanilla essence and mix well till sugar dissolves.
- Add the soaked bread along with milk and combine the mixture well.
- Add the raisins and cashews keeping a few aside.
- Pour them to a small bowl and pressure cook without weight for 20-30 mins
- Insert a skewer into the pudding to see if its cooked completely(It would come clean)
- Remove from fire, cool and refrigerate.
Serve the cold bread pudding on hot summer days! it serves the purpose.