Easy and tasty kerala dish. another must for sadyas, during childhood, I hated this dish like hell, but don’t know how, now I would even die for this one!
- Vegetables, cut into 1" strips- 2 cups ( carrot, beans, ash guard, yam,raw banana, drumstick)
- Green chillies- 2 slit
- Coconut,grated- 1 1/4 cup
- Sour curd- 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves- 10
- Coconut oil- 2 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- 1-2 teaspoon,as required
- Steam and cook the vegetables along with red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt,green chillies(don’t over cook)
- Drain the excess water and keep the cooked veggies aside.
- Coarsely grind the rated coconut,cumin seeds, sour curd.
- Add the ground mix to the cooked veggies.
- Add curry leaves mix well, and cook in low flame for 5 mins.
- Pour coconut oil over the avial and mix well.
- Serve avial!