Pulav or Pulao whatever it is called, is a very simple and yummy dish. Easy to make, A perfect lunch box for kids, for day outings n all..
- Basmati Rice- 1 cup
- Onion- 1/4, sliced
- Carrot,cut into small cubes- 1/2 cup
- Green peas-,fresh/frozen- 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 teaspoon
- Ghee- 3 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt- 1-2 teaspoon,as required
- Water-1 1/2 cups
- Bay leaves- 2
- Cinnamon stick- 1 small
- Cardamom- 2
- Cashew - 10
- Wash,drain and keep the rice aside
- Heat 2 teaspoon ghee in a pan and add bay leaves,cinnamon,cardamom,cloves and saute till the aroma fills the air.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell is gone
- Add the sliced onions and saute till light colour
- Add the cut carrots and fresh green peas and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add the drained rice,salt,turmeric powder and saute for a min (check for the salt requirement adn add salt)
- Add the water,cover and cook till rice is cooked and water is absorbed
- Heat the remaining ghee in another pan and toss the cashews and raisins
- Mix them with the rice
- Pulao is ready