- Chicken- 1/2 kg, cut into small pieces
- Onion- 3 large, sliced
- Tomato-1 large
- Lime juice- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- 1 teaspoon or more
- Ginger- 1 inch piece,cut
- Garlic- 2 pods
- Chilly Powder- 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 3 teaspoon
- Oil- for frying
- Curry leaves- 10
- Water for grinding
- Marinate the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon chilly powder,turmeric powder,1 teaspoon salt,lime juice and keep aside for min 1 hr.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add the sliced onions an saute till golden brown(Be careful not to burn the onion)
- Meanwhile grind ginger,garlic,pepper powder and remaining chilly powder to a fine paste.
- Now once the onions have cooled, give a whip in a mixer with little water, please don't grind them completely.
- To the former pan, add tomatoes and saute till they soften
- Add the ground ginger garlic masala paste and fry for a min
- Add the chicken pieces,followed by the onion mix.
- Stir well adding 1/2 cup water,curry leaves
- Cook in low flame till chicken get cooked up and gravy becomes thick,stirring in between
- Serve hot
Garnish with onion or lemon or coriander , anything of your choice. Its simply lovely