A mild spicy thoran/side dish with rice/chapathis. Very simple yet healthy.
- Mushroom- 1 cup,very thinly sliced.
- Onion-1 thinly sliced
- Garlic- 4 pods, sliced
- Dried red chillies- 2
- Curry leaves- 5-10
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Salt-1-2 teaspoon, as required
- Red chilly powder-1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil- 3/4 tablespoon
- Rub the thinly cut mushroom with turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the mushrooms for 2-4 mins.
- Drain and keep aside
- Heat the same pan, splutter mustard seeds, add red chillies, curry leaves and saute.
- Add thinly sliced onions, garlic and saute till soft.
- Add the grated coconut ,mushrooms and saute till coconut turn golden brown in low heat
- Remove from fire and serve hot
Good combination with chapathi. Mushroom lovers will love this dish, can add garam masala if that taste is desired!